Film & Television
The South boasts a burgeoning film and television industry. The Alabama Film Office is designed to promote the growth of the film industry within the state and our firm stands ready to assist you in taking advantage of these emerging opportunities. The Firm represents producers, production companies and distributors, as well as, writers, directors, actors and other creative professionals within the field. We can assist you at each stage of the filmmaking process, from development to distribution.
Representative matters include:
– Negotiate rights acquisition agreements for film and television production companies
– Serve as production counsel on narrative and documentary, feature and short projects
– Counsel clients on fundraising, including private placement of equity, state tax incentives and crowdfunding
– Negotiate location agreements for private property owners and production companies
– Draft and negotiate distribution and foreign sales agent agreements for domestic and international distribution rights
– Negotiate merchandise agreements
For a complete list of the services we provide, please contact Stacey at 205.777.9906 or email@example.com. Here is a sampling of the types of contracts that we routinely draft and negotiate.
– Film Finance
– Development Agreements (co-production agreements, negative pick-up deals, foreign pre-sales)
– Creative Property Acquisition Agreements (option agreements, writer’s agreements, life story rights)
– Production Services Agreements (cast, crew, extra and crowd releases, work for hire agreements)
– Location Agreements
– Clearance Reports and Opinion Letters (script clearance, copyright clearance, chain of title, title reports)
– Music Clearance (synchronization licenses, master use licenses, composer agreements)
For more information, contact Stacey at 205.777.9906 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to Entertainment Law