Terms and Conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions (“Terms”) of use carefully before using The Law Firm of Stacey A. Davis website, owned by The Law Firm of Stacey A. Davis (the “Firm”), located at http://www.staceydavislaw.com/ (the “Website”). Without any additional action on your part, your use, access or viewing of, or submission of any content to or through (collectively, “use”), the Website is subject to, and constitutes your acceptance of and agreement with, these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, do not use the Website. Before continuing, print off or save a local copy of these Terms for your records.
1. General. The Firm grants you a limited, non-perpetual, revocable, terminable at-will, non-assignable, non-sublicensable and non-exclusive license to use the Website solely for your personal, informational and non-commercial use. Except for these Terms, which are a binding contract between you and The Firm, nothing on the Website is or may be construed as an offer to form a binding contract or grant of any license or transfer of intellectual property or other rights or interests.
2. Copyright and Trademarks. The Website and the information on it are the properties of The Firm or its members, attorneys, licensors, successors, or assigns and is protected from unauthorized copying and dissemination by United States copyright law, international conventions and other intellectual property laws. Except as otherwise noted on the Website, The Firm owns all trademarks, service marks, tradenames, domain names, logos and other distinctive brand features displayed on the Website. Nothing on the Website grants or should be construed as granting any license or right in or to any trademarks, service marks, trade names, domain names, logos or other distinctive brand features or other intellectual property rights, all of which The Firm or their respective owners reserve. You must abide by any copyright notices, information or restrictions contained on any part of the Website.
4. Relationship. Visiting this site or contacting The Firm via email, phone or otherwise does not create or constitute an attorney-client relationship or create an attorney-client privilege or obligation of confidentiality. The information on this site or the information contained in any linked resource is not intended as legal advice. Seek qualified counsel from an experienced lawyer before taking or delaying any legal action or before entering into any contractual relationship. While the information posted on this site is believed to be accurate, the law can change very quickly. Accordingly, The Firm does not guarantee or warrant the accuracy, correctness or completeness of any information provided, and The Firm shall not be liable for any damages or liability arising from the information provided on this site as further provided in Paragraph 5.
5. No Warranties. YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND ANY LINKED WEBSITES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. AS BETWEEN THE FIRM AND YOU, YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR OTHER DEVICE AND LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE. NEITHER THE FIRM NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES NOR ANY THIRD PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DELIVERING THE WEBSITE SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES (INCLUDING, LOST PROFITS OR SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY LINKED WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING AT THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE FIRM MAKES NO AND DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE WEBSITE, ANY INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE AND YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES REGARDING THE ACCURACY, CURRENCY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE OR THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE FIRM MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS THAT: YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR FREE FROM ERROR; ANY INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; OR DEFECTS IN THE WEBSITE WILL BE CORRECTED. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties; therefore the preceding exclusion may not apply in whole or in part to you.
6. No Assumption of Liability. THE FIRM ASSUMES NO AND DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY: MISTAKES OR INACCURACIES IN THE INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE; ANY FAILURE OR REFUSAL TO UPDATE ANY INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE; PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF OR RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE; ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE FIRM’S SERVERS OR ANY PERSONAL OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED IN OR ON THE FIRM’S SERVERS; ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE WEBSITE; ANY PROGRAM ROUTINE, DEVICE, CODE OR INSTRUCTION OR OTHER FEATURE THAT A THIRD PARTY MAY SUBMIT, POST, INTRODUCE OR TRANSMIT TO OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE THAT IS CAPABLE OF ACCESSING, MODIFYING, DELETING, DAMAGING, DISABLING, DEACTIVATING, INTERFERING WITH OR OTHERWISE HARMING ANY SOFTWARE, COMPUTER, NETWORK, DATA OR OTHER ELECTRONICALLY STORED INFORMATION, PROGRAM OR SYSTEM, INCLUDING ANY DROP DEAD DEVICE, MALICIOUS LOGIC, WORM, ERROR, DEFECT, TRAP DOOR, BUG, VIRUS, TROJAN HORSE OR THE LIKE (COLLECTIVELY, “VIRUS”) THAT THIRD PARTIES MAY SUBMIT, POST, INTRODUCE OR TRANSMIT TO OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE; ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE; INFORMATION ON OR FUNCTIONALITY OF ANY WEBSITE THAT MAY BE LINKED TO ON THE WEBSITE; OR ANY CONTENT, PRODUCT OR SERVICE THAT A THIRD PARTY OFFERS OR ADVERTISES OR THAT IS REFERENCED ON OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE.
7. Prohibited Uses. You are solely responsible for your acts or omissions that occur when using the Website. You may not copy, reproduce, duplicate, sell, trade, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, license, reverse engineer, decompile, exploit or modify any part of the Website or extract or attempt to extract any source code from the Website. You may not circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Website or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any information on or which enforce limitations on use of the Website. You may not engage in unacceptable use of the Website including, use of the Website to: transmit unsolicited or unauthorized advertisements, spam, messages, chain letters or unsolicited commercial electronic mail; transmit material that may be abusive, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, harassing, grossly offensive, vulgar, threatening or malicious; transmit files, graphics, software or other material that actually or potentially infringes, violates or contravenes, breaches or constitutes an unauthorized use or misappropriation of any intellectual property right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other intellectual property or proprietary right of any person; submit, post, introduce or transmit any Virus to or through the Website; engage in systematic retrieval of data or other content from the Website by any means (including, the use of scrapers or other tools) to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database or directory without prior written permission from The Firm; interfere with or disrupt servers or networks connected to the Website; or engage in any other activity that is prohibited by law or applicable regulations or deemed by The Firm to be in conflict with the spirit or intent of these Terms.
8. Links to Other Websites. The Website may contain links to websites maintained by other companies. The Firm is providing these links to you only as a convenience. The inclusion of any link does not and should not imply that The Firm endorses or warrants any third-party website or third-party company or product.
9. Applicable Law. The Website can be accessed from every U.S. state, as well as from other countries around the world. Each of those places has laws that may differ from those of Alabama, where The Firm is located. The laws of the State of Alabama, without regard to its conflicts of law principles, will apply to all disputes based on, arising out of, or relating to your use of the Website or any information it contains. With respect to such disputes, you submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of any court in Birmingham, Alabama and waive any objections or defenses contrary to such submission.
10. Indemnification. You will indemnify, hold harmless and defend The Firm and its members, attorneys, licensors, successors, or assigns from and against any claim, action, demand, cause of action, suit, proceeding, loss, cost, expense, damage, debt or liability, including reasonable legal costs and attorneys’ fees, alleged or asserted by any person or actually incurred by The Firm, which arises out of or relates to: (a) your use or of the Website; (b) your breach or violation of any of these Terms; or (c) your breach or violation of any third party right, including any copyright, property, publicity or privacy right.
11. Changes to this Notice. The Firm may revise or modify these Terms, either in whole or in part, at any time without prior notice to you, and such revisions and modifications will supersede this version of these Terms. You will be bound by any such revisions or modifications and should, therefore, visit this page each time you access the Website to review the then-current Terms. Print off or save a local copy of the then-current Terms for your records.
12. General. These Terms are severable and, if any provision is invalid, void or unenforceable in whole or in part for any reason, the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect. These Terms will be binding upon you and your successors, assigns, heirs, legatees, executors, administrators and representatives. The headings of the sections of these Terms are inserted for convenience of reference only, will not be construed as part of your agreement with The Firm under these Terms, and will in no way be construed as defining, limiting or affecting the scope or intent of these Terms. As used in these Terms, the word “may” shall be construed as permissive and the words “will” and “shall” shall be construed as imperative; and the terms “include” or “including” mean “include” or “including” without limiting the generality of any description or word preceding such term. Nothing in these Terms will prohibit The Firm from protecting and enforcing its rights under these Terms, its properties and interests to the maximum extent of the law. These Terms are the entire agreement and understanding between you and The Firm regarding their subject matter and supersede all prior and contemporaneous agreements and understandings regarding their subject matter, and no agreements, understandings, warranties or representations exist between you and The Firm other than these Terms, unless set out in a separate written agreement between you and The Firm.
Last revised February 1, 2014